Everyone wants to be on the 1st page on Google.
‘How do I get to the top?’, a question I hear all the time.
Getting to the top of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing requires strategy and a team with the knowledge start the process. Does it happen overnight? Of course not. There are books to assist in this process as well as online education. Be prepared to have to learn a lot in a short time. Optimizing your Website SEO in 5 easy steps you can understand your SEO in better detail and what it takes for success.
Step 1. Understanding your Customers
- Keywords. Developing a strategy around what a user would enter into Google. First you think, oh that’s easy! But wait, without verifiable data to confirm your thoughts you could be chased down a rabbit hole without a wonderland at the other side. Understanding your audience and how they search is imperative. Researching your competition to understand how they achieved success. From their keywords, content, etc. Try Googling and checking out the first 5 results to see what your competition looks like.
- Website. Checking your websites meta + keywords, text and code disbursement is a great start in being in favor with the search engines. What does that mean? The search engines have little programs that check every detail. How you wrote a sentence, how your code is constructed and what information you provide. The happier the search engine, the higher you rank.
Step 2. Content is King
- Sitemaps. Search engines love these! Both XML and HTML versions are best to assure you have it all covered.
- Meta Tags. Meta description tags influence click throughs but aren’t used for ranking. A bridge with a missing step is one hard to trust your safe with. Same goes for your presence online, if you bridge is shaky the user abandons for something more trust worthy.
- Page Info. Simple stuff like your page titles can create a foundation for the search engines to understand and place your website. This framework is then set for the direction of your keywords.
- Content. How it is written, the type of keywords, amount of links, the length of sentences and the type of grammar you use all make a huge difference. If each page has a single sentence, your not going to see much of a change. 300 words is about average but the longer the better. This is about the user, how they read and ingest your website.
Step 3. Those Keywords!
- Research. Research. Research. Industry standards and sources. Create a list of the top keywords and how many websites are competing for them. Prioritize your keywords and the variations. (Florida vs Central Florida).
- Goals. Understanding where you want to get, is how you can track how long it took to get there. For instance, if you desire to increase website traffic over the next 30 days. Or improving conversion rates. A strong analytical report will provide this information, from either Google Analytics or others. This also pairs with not only focusing on the top level, but your products and specific pages which can improve your SEO as well.
- Tracking your Goals. Keep a simple spreadsheet to start the process. Check weekly to begin and noting your progress in the your spreadsheet checking monthly or bi-monthly. You should see improvement in your web traffic in a slow steady process.
Step 4. Tracking lets your know how far you have come.
- Track. Remember that spreadsheet, keep it updated. This information will be verifiable data to show your return on investment or ROI. Also do not lump it all together. Intelligent breakdowns of pageviews, or focus on a specific piece of software. The more granular the better.
Step 5. Update untill you get dizzy.
- Revisions and updates. This is not a process you set and forget like the old infomercials from the 80’s spoke of. Technology requires constant updating and adding new information to be relevant; stay vigilant and you will succeed – we hope this ‘Optimizing your Website SEO in 5 easy steps’ helps.
#pascalemedia #web #media #ITSUPPORT #design #graphics #graphicdesign #socialmediamarketing #tech #technology #desktopsupport #photo #photography #video #videography #web #webdesign #developer #coder #apps #mobileapp #pc #pcbuilder #projectmanager
We welcome you along on this journey through tech with us. Also, our site includes amazing stock images available from Pixabay.com & Pexels.com free for commercial use under the CC0 License.
We celebrate the community and working together to create something great. It all starts with a open internet, learn more about Net Neutrality. One more thing we love, Mozilla Firefox.